Monday 2nd May 2011, 18:47

Slightly late

Apologies for the late bantercast this week - scheduling issues I'm afraid, and the pre-recorded cupboard was bare. Should be recording tomorrow...

Monday 18th April 2011, 11:30

Episode Terror on Highway 91

A special this week - the second part of our and your "most hated films", which started in episode 79 - we continue our frustrations, this time with Broken Flowers, LA Takedown, Jumper, Parting Shots, Shark Attack 3: Megalodon, and many more...

Movie Banter
Right click to save the podcast

Monday 4th April 2011, 11:30

Episode Flight 90: Disaster on the Potomac

It's another Jennyless week, but we plough on as best we can, taking a look at Unknown, The Adjustment Bureau, and Ironclad, together with some of your movie mashups and a healthy dose of banter.

Movie Banter
Right click to save the podcast

Monday 21st March 2011, 11:30

Episode The Whole 89 Yards

Paul and Jon are unfettered by Jenny's moderating influence this week, and run riot across the tangent-strewn landscape of the Oscars, Battle: Los Angeles, and Rango.

Movie Banter
Right click to save the podcast

Monday 7th March 2011, 11:30

Episode 88 miles an hour

Not a film title for once, but we couldn't let that one go. A range of movie types covered this week - The Mechanic, Never Let Me Go, Morning Glory, and Tangled. One day Jason Statham will make an animated musical I'm sure, but not just yet.

Movie Banter
Right click to save the podcast

Monday 21st February 2011, 11:30

Episode One Eight Seven

This week we take a good look at all the best picture nominees for the upcoming Oscars, with particular focus on The Fighter, Black Swan, True Grit and Winter's Bone (as we've not reviewed them before), plus a recap of our thoughts on the other candidates.

Movie Banter
Right click to save the podcast

Monday 7th February 2011, 11:30

Episode Eighty Six Degrees of Separation

Slightly belated, it's our 2010 round-up, taking a look at the best and worst movies of last year.

Movie Banter
Right click to save the podcast

Tuesday 25th January 2011, 15:44

Oscars 2011: Who should win, plus blind guesses

Right. Now the Oscar noms are out, here's who should win (many of these are guesses) BEST PICTURE Inception BEST DIRECTOR Darren Aronofsky - Black Swan BEST ACTOR Colin Firth - The King's Speech BEST ACTRESS Annette Bening - The Kids Are All Right BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR Christian Bale - The Fighter BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS Amy Adams - The Fighter BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM Biutiful - Mexico BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY Scott Silver, Paul Tamasy and Eric Johnson (screenplay), Keith Dorrington & Paul Tamasy & Eric Johnson (story) - The Fighter BEST ANIMATION Toy Story 3 BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY Aaron Sorkin - The Social Network BEST ART DIRECTION Inception BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY Inception BEST SOUND MIXING Inception BEST SOUND EDITING Inception BEST ORIGINAL SONG Coming Home (from Country Strong) by Tom Douglas, Troy Verges and Hillary Lindsey BEST ORIGINAL SCORE The King's Speech - Alexandre Desplat BEST COSTUMES The King's Speech BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE Exit Through the Gift Shop BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT The Warriors of Qiugang BEST FILM EDITING Black Swan BEST ANIMATED SHORT FILM The Gruffalo BEST LIVE ACTION SHORT FILM God of Love BEST VISUAL EFFECTS Inception BEST MAKE-UP Barney's Version ...And why in the world is Toy Story 3 up for 'adapted screenplay'? Is it based on some great novel that I didn't know about?

pk

Monday 24th January 2011, 11:30

Episode 8.5 Hours

Happy new year! We dive into 2011 with The King's Speech, 127 Hours, Narnia, Tron, The Tourist, Movie Mashups, and much more...